layout

I'll go where you want me to go!

I'll go where you want me to go!

Monday, January 9, 2012

City Folk...eh!

So city folk are super funny. They are very direct. This less active was at church last Sunday and was like come to my house and teach my woman (yes he said this) and so we went. Let me describe this man. His name is Gino and he looks like he works for the mob. He has a black leather jacket and this crazy accent and talks to the side of his mouth and is filthy rich. He lived in Chicago for a long time and then returned to Brasil but didn`t give a real explaniton to as why he returned. I think it was because something went down in the mob and he had to bounce. So his lady name is Flora. She is this tall woman and is super classy. She sat down with us and was like look what I bought at the Temple store today. She had bought all these books and what not from the Temple store. We were like oh here we go she is ready. She was all I love these books tal tal tal. Then we were like this is good. Then she was like but I don`t need to follow any kind of religion I just like to study about all types of religion and live my life. I was like ummm.  Then she was like who wants to eat. So she was like I am going to make us dinner. But me and S.O. weren`t hungry but what can you do. So the first cousre was bread. Then it was this soup with like chunks of pumkin and rice and cheese I was confused. S.O. almost barfed in her bowl. Then they made omlets. But what was in the omelet? Good question it was brown and stringy. This time I almost barfed in my plate. I couldn`t even finish it. So we ran and S.O. barfed in the street. I didn`t but I wanted to. It was intresting. Flora was like come back anyime but not to talk about the church but everything else we can talk about. I was like umm. Oh the sacrifces of the mission. City folk are funny. They will tell you right away if they want to follow Christ or not. Out in the country people will have you going to there house for almost one month and then say no I don`t want anymore. It is very intresting. I don`t know what to do with it. I think I like it more because it is more upfront. But it is still hard to take when people are so frank. But what can you do. We had a baptism Saturday. Her name is Rita and she is perfect. She is super cool. She is the most perfect investiagtor. Never caused any type of problems she is so good and awesome I just love her to death. And she is super sweet. And we all sang When I Am Baptized I think that`s what it`s called. But the week was good. Full of funny and intresting moments as always. I have been reading in The New Testament and I am infacutated with Paul. He is amazing. His grace and love for the Lord is amazing. His patience as well. I love his example and want to try and be like him. He was just an honest man who saw and worked side by side with Jesus Christ and wanted all to follow in his example. What could be anymore noteworthy and lovely. Have an awesome week gente and remember that is was through him that we are here and can return again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment