layout

I'll go where you want me to go!

I'll go where you want me to go!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Brazil, Here I Am!


                       city by heavans villa amorim, 
                    that view is only half of my area... 

                            Sister Santos-my trunky companion

                                    The Bishop Family
                        RaChelle, Jake, Tyler, Alison, and Kyle 
                                    who I translate for.


Well, I wish I can say it has been blissful, but I am a missionary and I do not lie.  It is against my religion.  It started off rough.  My companion/trainer is native Brazilian which is hard to communicate at times.  It is getting easier everyday, but I know that has been a tool on learning the language.  The people here are warm and nice which is awesome and the members are AWESOME!  They feed us TONS. That has been very discouraging for me because the weight that I worked so hard to get off is slowly creeping in again.  Rice, beans and bread are good, but not on the scale.  I am trying, but is really hard when I can't focus on it as I did at home.  We have two baptisms at the end of the month.  One I invited all by myself in Portuguese!  The language is getting better everyday. It helps when you sleep, eat and breathe it.   
The letters take a long time to get to my fellow friends, so I apologize for the snail paced system.   

No comments:

Post a Comment