layout

I'll go where you want me to go!

I'll go where you want me to go!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Glimpse of my Daily Life in the MTC



My Companion Sister Jones



 My District of Powerful Women!

 Learning to Teach!

 Walking in Christ's footsteps!

 Temple Day!

 The Elders that I can't get enough of!

Well, believe it or not, I am getting used to this crazy Utah weather.  I mean, I can tolerate it.  I am still unsure why anyone would want to live here but whatever.  Well, Sister Jones had our first TRC experience a few days ago.  Our district was gearing up for the the TRC and we were told on our way over that our door to door contact had to be done in Portuguese!!  I was like ummm WHAT!!  So, we said a prayer and went and did the deed.  It was a disaster!  Sister Jones defaulted into French.  I was thinking, "What are you doing?"  The last people that we door contacted, we went back and taught the first lesson to.  We asked them if we could talk to them in English.  They said YES!  They were Brazilian and asked if we could speak slow so that took the edge off.
Julie B. Beck came and spoke to us on Tuesday. It was awesome.  She spoke about Brazil and afterwards Sister Jones and I went and hugged her.  It was the greatest hug of my life!!  I am trying to teach without my manual on my lap upon Sister Jones prodding.  She thinks it sounds like a script.  So, when we went to TRC, I decided to put it into action.  I thought to myself, here it goes.  And of course I OWNED the lesson.  Dropping scriptures, asking questions, the spirit was all up in the mix too and I was like  hey hey hey! It was pretty rad!
The Visa's around here aren't looking really good for anyone heading to Brazil so in about 4 weeks I might get reassigned to a state side mission.  That will be interesting. 
Enjoy the Pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment